Our Hero

Our Hero

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Force is STRONG with this one...

Our Hero continues to make big positive strides. He has weathered the most recent treatment cycle with limited nausea, no fever and no vomiting. Mom thinks it confirms that he was sick the last time he went in for treatment but it could also be aided by the military-like precision and timing of the nausea med dispersal.

But let us keep one thing clear, just because JoJo is tough as nails as continues on his quest to rid himself (and who knows, maybe the world) of this illness, it doesn't mean he always has to enjoy it. Needless to say, on Monday, he let his displeasure about getting poked known. But after tomorrow, Joe won't be 'accessed' again until next Wednesday - which will be a big poke day if the blood draw allows - it will include a PEG poke in each leg... without sedation. Mom isn't necessarily concerned about the pain, but more the memory and fear of it. So slip in an extra prayer for that.

Everyone is very pleased by how well Joe is doing and he is working with his therapist on trying to wrap his young mind around the idea that his hair will indeed come back and it's not a big deal. Plus some of the coolest people were bald... Michael Jordan, Yoda and of course Dad. So there is no need to let it weigh on his already burdened shoulders.

Onward our Hero marches - only two more Cytrabine days until late April/early May! That's got all of Team Taylor excited and means the next phase is just around the corner. As always, everyone on Team Taylor is thankful for your thoughts and prayers as they certainly seem to be helping JoJo tolerate this stuff so well. Please keep them coming! Stay tuned...

4 comments:

George S. said...

Wow, what a brave guy you are Joe... I can barely handle reading about the bloodwork, but you're living it every day. Just keep looking ahead =) Each step of this is temporary, just like the pain of getting pricked by a needle... think how much of this is already behind you - you are doing an amazing job, my man! Enjoy the weekend out there ;)

cp said...

You go, JoJo! I hope you remember how fantastic your mom and dad have been during this adventure more than any ol' pokes and prods. You are such a loved little guy just because of who you are. You don't need to be courageous or strong or anything more to be loved this much. But you are such a courageous, strong, determined little boy -- you have fans all over ther world. So do your folks - I have a feeling you come by these traits honestly.. inheriting them from your folks and whole family, who are so impressive! You are all role models for families everywhere. I'm proud to be a fan and prayer sender!

Momma T. said...

Hey there lil man,
i know it's really tough getting poked and all the other stuff But i want you to know that it won't be forever and one day you will look back on all of this with distant memory and grin at all of your acomplishments!!
Oh and Bald is A TOTALY COOL LOOK But your hair will grow back , I Know IM AN EXPERT Just ask your momma :) so when your hair does start growing back just have your momma bring you to me and i'll give you any haircut you want!!! :)
Now until than here's some doctor jokes to pass the time:) take care lil man!!!
Doctor, Doctor everyone keeps throwing me in the garbage.
Don't talk rubbish!

Doctor, Doctor I feel like a sheep.
That's baaaaaaaaaad!

Doctor, Doctor I feel like a bee.
Well buzz off I'm busy!

Doctor, Doctor I keep thinking I'm a mosquito
Go away, sucker!

Doctor Doctor I think I'm a moth.
So why did you come around then?
Well, I saw this light at the window...!

Doctor, Doctor I keep getting pains in the eye when I drink coffee
Have you tried taking the spoon out?

Doctor, Doctor I feel like a spoon!
Well sit still and don't stir!

Doctor, Doctor, I feel like a pack of cards.
I'll deal with you later.

Doctor, Doctor Have you got something for a bad headache?
Of course. Just take this hammer and hit yourself in the head. Then you'll have a bad headache.

Doctor, Doctor I keep thinking there is two of me
One at a time please

Doctor, Doctor will this ointment clear up my spots?
I never make rash promises!

ummmhello said...

How's my favorite Super Hero today?? You're a big inspiration, JoJo. Some days I think, "I'm so tired, I just can't keep this up!" but then I see what you're doing, and I think, "If JoJo can keep going, then so can I!"
Keep on coming with the positive updates. And remember, it takes a super strong person to admit when they're scared or hurt!!!